MUSIC & MENTAL WELLNESS
Join Dave Braham of Sound Mind Austin as we delve into the world of music and psychotherapy. We will explore and examine the incredible impact music may have on our clients and their healing process. This presentation will provide a backstage door into the music industry. You will gain information, theory, interventions, and resources aimed to assist your work with music industry clients, and the tools to integrate the texture and rhythm of music into any of your sessions.
1. Explore the significance of music on popular culture related to issues of race, gender, and social justice.
2. Explore the neurologic process and benefits of music on the brain and memory.
3. Break down the Austin Music Census and explore the psychotherapeutic approach to working with musicians and music industry professionals.
4. Explored the bridge between psychotherapy and music therapy, and how you can integrate concepts of music into your sessions with any client.
5. Explore Local, National, and International resources available to your musician clients.
This presentation is designed to be useful for all levels of training and experience.
Dave Braham MS, LMFT-S
Dave is a licensed marriage and family therapist and supervisor (LMFT-S) and utilizes a systemic, development, feminist, and trauma-informed lens with his clients. Dave founded SoundMind Austin to support the mental health and well-being of musicians and music industry professionals in this incredibly talented home we call Austin. Sound Mind employs a psycho-therapeutic approach to help guide the artist’s journey toward healthy relationships, sound minds, and peak on-stage performances. Sound Mind believes in the healing power of music and that facilitating this experiential medium with any client can lead to positive and rapid changes in the healing process.